Wednesday 23 December 2009

What a busy day I've got tomorrow!

Christmas eve tomorrow. Whilst I'm receiving texts from friends asking If I'm making an appearance at the local pub in the afternoon I really don't think I'll manage it this year. 


I'm up at 8 and I have to go to the post office to collect parcels that couldn't be delivered today whilst I was out at court (see other posts). Then I have to shoot over to Nantwich in Cheshire (bearing in mind the snow is hammering down at the moment.)


Then I have to go into town to pick up some last minute items, Then over to the florists to pick up a roll of ribbon to wrap a car! My youngest daughter turns 17 in February and I have bought them all cars when they turned 17. This is the last one I have to buy and I couldn't wait until February so I have bought her a car for Christmas. She has no idea. I'm putting the key in a jewellery box and then gift wrapping it and hiding the car in the garage wrapped in ribbon and bows. I bought the car a few weeks ago and it has been hidden at a friends house.(see pic).


I have to then call at my Dads house to visit and deliver his and my stepmothers gifts then once it is dark I need to shoot down to the cemetery to light a candle on my dear mums grave. 


Back home before opening a bottle of red and wrapping some last minute stuff for the kids.


Oh if only I had time to call in at the pub to have a drink with friends. It just isn't going to happen.


Phew!


Merry Xmas all!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,

    What a cute little car, your daughter is going to be thrilled!

    Wow, you do have a busy day ahead of you. You will have to do a post about your traditional Christmas eats and festivities.

    One of my best friends lives in the UK and has been over to visit with me a few times, I haven't been able to make the trip over to see him yet.

    I'm glad the court ordeal is over for you, but sorry to hear that you had to pay more! Rest assured, karma always makes it's way around.

    Awww, my heart got a little catch in it when you said you needed to go light a candle...I'm sorry.

    I will be spending Christmas Eve alone (kids will be with their dad), wrapping my kids & friend's gifts and drinking Eggnog spiked with Hennessy, singing along with Rod Stewart at the top of my lungs because no one will be around to hear me :-) Well, the dog, 4 cats, 1 fish, 2 rats, and 2 lizards will hear, but they don't mind.

    Have a very Merry Christmas Steve.

    Sharon aka MHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the car! What a great surprise!!!! :) hope you get it all it done and get time to relax! merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon - I can think of worse things to do than drinking eggnog and listening to Rod Stewart, have a lovely Christmas!

    Debbie - I did manage to get it all done AND call in at the pub for a quick hour with my friends. Have a lovely Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, thank you for your kind words. And you are such a thoughtful dad and son.

    Here's wishing you a Blessed Christmas filled with love, joy and peace.

    ReplyDelete